U7/U8 Ball Mastery
What is U7/U8 Ball Mastery?
ASA professional coaches focus on proper techniques surrounding dribbling and ball control, passing and receiving, technical games and individual creativity in order to become better soccer players. Players are strongly encouraged to also participate in the recreational league structure while using this program to supplement their team practice to get more touches on the ball, get to know new kids, play with other players and work with ASA staff coaches. It is important that parents are aware of what is expected within each ASA program so their children can properly develop.
The 7-week program, offered each fall and spring, will consist of technical training sessions, small-sided games, and play dates.
- Technical training - Coaches will run age appropriate training sessions
- Small-sided soccer games - Players will finish each session by dividing into teams to play small sided soccer games with individual and team focuses
- Play dates - Players are provided an opportunity to participate in a scrimmage style play date with ASA staff coaches on specific weekends
- Simpson Field (426 East Monroe, Alexandria, Va 22301)
When: Spring 2016 (7 Weeks)
- 5:45 - 6:45pm
- Monday Sessions - April 4, 11, 18, 25 May 2, 9, 16
- Wednesday Sessions - April 6, 13, 20, 27 May 4, 11, 18
- Classes are offered two times during the week.
- Registration includes one (1) of the two (2) days during the week
Please note: The U7/U8 Ball Mastery Program is not a recreational soccer team
- U7/U8 Ball Mastery is a supplemental training session that ASA coaches recommend in addition to the recreational soccer league if players are interested in receiving technical training from ASA professional coaches.
- To sign up for the recreational soccer league, which includes teams that play games each weekend and practice during the week, visit our recreational league homepage.