Futsal Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
General Futsal Questions:
1. Will the uniforms for the Futsal league be the same as last year's?
Yes, the same Black and Neon Yellow ASA Futsal jerseys are required for ASA Travel Players in this year's league. They are the same jerseys as last year.
2. What if I don't have the Black or Neon Yellow ASA Futsal jersey?
Jerseys are available in the ASA Office for $20 (for the pair). They are NOT included in the registration fee.
3. There are so many different options and with the new Futsal ID Program, I am confused on what program to register for. What should I do?
All travel players are strongly encouraged to participate in ASA Futsal Programs during the winter months. We suggest registering for the open futsal skills program and the futsal league. On top of that, if you feel your child would have an interest in the new Futsal ID Program, complete the online application. Keep in mind the new Futsal ID Program participants will be training in the Skills program too; so signing up for Skills prior to the ID program teams are announced is not a problem.
4. During the skills program and the futsal league, will travel players be grouped with other travel level players only?
Yes, ASA Travel players will be placed with travel level soccer players.
5. Are there refunds?
Refunds can be provided if the participant withdraws prior to the first game or session. Any other circumstances will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Futsal ID Program Questions
1. Is the Futsal ID Program much like the outdoor travel program for futsal?
It is not the same as travel soccer, but it is an okay, simple analogy and way to think about it. There are selected teams based on ability in the game of Futsal. These teams will train together in preparation for local, regional and possibly international Futsal competitions.
2. Does completing the online application mean that my child is on the Futsal ID Program team?
No. There is a selection process based on previous Futsal experience, ID tryout dates, coach recommendations and interest level within specific age groups. ASA will only host a very limited number of teams in this first year due to facility availability, staffing and to ensure overall quality.
3. Does completing the online application mean that my child will be asked to attend the ID Days?
No, it does not mean that your child will be asked to attend the ID Days. There is a limited amount of facility space and time for the tryout. Other variables listed above will be considered prior to ID day.
4. If my child is offered a spot on the Futsal ID Program team, should he/she still register for the ASA Futsal League?
Yes, players who participate on the Futsal ID Team will be encouraged to register individually for the league all other ASA participants.
5. Will the Futsal ID Program team stay together in the league?
Not necessarily. It is likely that participants in the program will be placed on to different teams with and against their Travel Soccer teammates. The ID teams will play together in other non-ASA league games and tournaments.
6. When will the Futsal ID Program team practice?
The players who are offered spots on the team will participate in the ASA Skills Program (together as a team) between November 15th and December 20th. There will be additional 1x per week training sessions after that. The exact training schedule is not finalized and will depend on number of teams and availability of courts.